Friday, January 29, 2010

D.I.Y. Black Table

When I first moved to California ( 4 years ago) I had a zenish/rustic feel for my house. Now my tastes have changed and I wanted to spice things up. This side board was acctually the first piece of furniture I bought in California and it works pretty great for what it is and I need a little table in my dining room to store mail/lamp/keys/phones/etc so rather than purchase a new one and get rid of this one I decided to spruce it up a bit.

Before picture of the table



The hideous fruit pattern on top that was always covered up with crap because I hated the pattern:



Now the final piece refinished in black medium gloss paint :



Also my boy dog decided he wanted to help model in the pic. Its kind of a bad picture but you get the idea of what it looks like now. On the wall to the left of the table I have a giant black ikea cube cabinet that houses all of my crap that I have no where to put because of lack of closets / basements in these houses out here!



Now I believe my little black side table will fit in much better with the whole dining room area. Phew that only took 10 months to get around to doing!

Cost -

Black Table - Free
Black Paint - Free ( leftover from J&T project)
Paint Brushes - $10 ( for a 2 pack)
-------------------------------------------------
Total - $10 plus maybe an hour of time total over 3 days

Way cheaper than buying a new side table for $50-100 from Ikea/WorldMarket/Pier1/etc..

Cheers-

Raech

No comments: