Thursday, January 7, 2010

Coco Chanel - the movie

Yesterday afternoon I watched the Coco Chanel movie with Shirley McClaine and Malcom McDowell. I honestly was expecting it to be a bit boring but it was acctually a really tragic love story. Speculation is that people aren't sure if the early years of Coco are true or if it was stories she fabricated to make her life more interesting. She does stretch the truth a bit in the movie and you can understand why there would be concern that she actually told the truth about her childhood. Anyways, the movie is great running a bit over 2 hours. It was such a sad romance story she had. I absolutely loved the love of her life " Boy." He is so handsome and right up my alley of looks in men.

Anyways, a couple of movie stills. If you have a couple of hours to kill and you're a big fan of fashion. Its definitely worth checking out this movie.

Young Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel and Boy



The movie poster/advertisement



Old Coco Chanel in front of her famous Paris apartment/showroom



Young Coco and Boy




Hope you enjoy the movie as much as I did if you decide to check out this movie.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I saw this! Loved it!! Have you seen Coco Before Chanel? I've yet to see that one, but am so curious!

I have something for you, but couldn't figure out how to paste it into this comment. Hmmmm....Head over to my blog to check out the details! ;)