Monday, January 17, 2011

L.A. can be lonely.

This New Years marked the fifth anniversary of moving to LA. It's been a hard five years between LA and I. We've had our good time and our bad times. I pretty much hated everything about LA for the first 2 years. Suddenly when presented a choice of do we want to leave or stay? I choose to stay. We moved to a better house, we got our two puppies, I started working, I made more friends everything just sort of fell into place once I stopped fighting it.

The downside of LA is that in living here I've made lots of friends and four of my good friends have moved away. Two of them went to San Francisco, one to London and now my fourth friend is moving to Nashville. I guess its what's to be expected when most of the people living in LA aren't natives. So they have no real reason to stay or return.


via-wehearit.com

It's hard to have your best friends at opposite ends of the coast or the world or even the opposite end of your VERY long state but the good thing about LA is if you're looking there are always new people to meet and bond a friendship with. I've personally never had so many friends until living here. So to my friends living far and near I love you all and thank you for being in my life.

No comments: