Tuesday, January 25, 2011

France and Belgium - Part Three Continued

Apologies for not blogging yesterday, I was laid up most of the weekend and took off from work yesterday to sleep and rest. I feel about 65% today. We will see how work goes.

More pictures from inside Le Louvre! There was a section considered "Island Art." I was able to see my first Easter Island Head there. It wasn't exactly giant, maybe about 8' tall but it was cool to see!



I really fancied this guy. I believe he was from Hawaii. I loved how googly he looked.

Some other cool tribal statues.


Lots more classical statues! I loved the architecture inside it is very beautiful.



They had lots of heads from statues.



The main area of Le Louvre is beautiful. The giant cylinder on the right that is inside of the staircase is actually an elevator.


A view from the second floor of the Louvre looking out of the pyramid.

From the main entrance there is a little park and a main street for cars to drive through. I loved that you could see the Eiffel Tower from the park.

A view of the Louvre from the park. So beautiful at night when lit up!




No comments: