Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Run, dont' walk...

to your nearest Trader Joes. I've found the most amazing snack. Freeze Dried Blueberries or Strawberries. They come in at around $3 a bag and make for the most excellent crunchy sweet snack. I've been looking online for a pic but can't find one!

Berries are hella expensive. Hello, $11 for a pack of 3 raspberries this weekend but these are affordable and last a lot longer! In the bag you get an insane amount of fruit. It will tell you but almost like a 1/2 pound before freeze drying. I ended up taking these to the movie theater on Friday and they solved my munchies. Also, if you don't have a TJ's near by you can get the "Just Veggies" brand of freeze dried fruits/vegetables but they are nearly double the cost. Le Sigh. I've been looking on Amazon to see if I can buy them in bulk to save some $$. Also, some info on dried vs. fresh berries here. Just make sure when you're buying these that you look at the back and make sure no added sugar is involved and you're good to go!

Cheers-

Raech

No comments: