Thursday, March 25, 2010

Heaping Mess of Jewelry

Since I'm fun-employed I'm really trying to get my life/house in order while I have the time. I'm painstakingly going through boxes of crap, rearranging my closet, getting rid of clothes that are out of style/don't fit, and etc... One of my projects that has been kind of collecting everyday is my jewelry stand. The little necklace tree I have was practically falling over from the weight of too many necklaces and just looked like a mess, which in turn makes the whole area look like a mess even when its not. Today, I spent nearly an hour untangling, organizing, sorting and cleaning up this hot mess of a necklace rack.

Before



After



It's not perfect but right now it is separated by silver and gold jewelry. I'm trying to employ an idea that if I don't wear/use something in a year it needs to get moved to either the donate bin or into hiding until I'm ready to part with it.

Sorry for such a short post but I'm off to get sushi with Jack for dinner. Our favorite waitress works on Thursdays nights so we want to go while she's there!

Cheers-
Raechel

P.S. Does anyone else think that tarnished cheap jewelry smells awful? So many of my cheapie/fashiony necklaces from forever 21 are tarnished and smell awful. Blech.

No comments: