Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Belated Easter!

We had a wonderful busy weekend! Family is in town and so with both of us working during the week we did some entertaining this weekend. I had about 6 people over for Easter and did the majority of the cooking, which I love doing. Its so much fun! I think I'm going to start a new tradition and make this cake every Easter. We had it last Easter and its super simple to make but tastes amazing.


Pear Cardamom Cake from "The Wednesday Chef Blog". If you click on the title it has the link to her blog with the recipe. Something I did notice is that her topping was much more crunchy and carmelized then mine. Mine was more soaked into the cake this time..Hmm..I wonder what I did differently?


Jack also made a homemade focaccia bread that was to die for. He used the Martha Stewart Recipe

Focaccia Bread and then we added really thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh rosemary, oregano, salt, freshly ground pepper, freshly grated reggianno and thinly sliced olives. We also let it sit overnight in the fridge for a slow rise which tends to give breads more character than if you just leave it out for a few hours and cook it. I highly recommend doing this to breads if you have the time and patience! Here was our results. It was amazing!



I hope you had a lovely weekend! I'm off to work in this rainy weather ( which I am so excited/happy for!)

Cheers-

Raechel

No comments: