Thursday, February 10, 2011

France and Belgium - Part Seven


Le Eiffel Tower - is absolutely stunning.

My background is interior design and architecture and while the Eiffel Tower might be one of the most talked about tourist sites I understand why. It is beautiful. The sheer amount of beams and architecture that went into create it is amazing.


I kinda fell in love with the tower. I was told that the top used to be Gustav's personal apartment. How rad is that?



The night we went to the Eiffel Tower it was extremely foggy but I think that it made the tower even more beautiful. The top was hidden in a beautiful layer of fog.

We bought our tickets and rode to the top which takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the line. It was pretty short that evening due to the fog. The bummer part was that you couldn't see out because of the fog. It was also freezing and very windy. We took a few pictures but didn't stay too long. We bought a few souveniors; yes we bought a small Eiffel Tower to take home.

A neat thing to keep you busy when you're waiting inside to ride down is that they have mapped how far every major city is from the Eiffel Tower! We found Los Angeles

This is a picture at the first level of the tower if you're heading up.

Beautiful view of Paris!

Another view of the city


After getting down from the tower we walked over to the little park that is opposite of the tower to get some more pictures from further away. I like to take pictures of Jack taking pictures.
Little did I know that he wasn't looking to swap out lens but he was looking for a ring. I walked over to see what he was doing that was taking so long (hahaha). See this suspicious face. I deffinetly caught him doing something!

In his right hand is the box but I didn't know until he stayed on his knees and asked me to marry him someday. I made it very clear that I didn't want to get engaged at the Eiffel Tower so he was asking me to marry him soon. He gave me a beautiful vintage Tiffany's wedding band that has a tiny diamond in the center.

It was a little big so I wear it on my middle finger right hand. I absolutely love it and wear it everyday.

Needless to say lots of kisses were shared with the Eiffel Tower. Its a beautiful magical place to me.


I will never forget that beautiful night in Paris.




No comments: