Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I suck..





I haven't blogged in like forever and a day.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! We went down to San Diego and celebrated Jack's 26th birthday.

It was kind of a last minute trip because we weren't sure if I was going to be working or not! So we took the amtrak from Downtown LA's Union Station. This station is amazing and beautiful on the inside. Here's a pic borrowed from google.


To my surprise when we got into San Diego's amtrak station it was just as beautiful too!



The train ride was a bit long ( 3 hrs) and a bit expensive but it was really fun to take down. Its not necessarily a better deal than driving but its a little bit less hectic. We went to the zoo and walked around for nearly 6 hours! That place is huge. I've got to admit we spent the majority of the time in the great apes/monkey exhibits. They are amazing too watch!

After a few hours of napping we decided to head up to Little Italy and go to Benecotto for dinner. If you're ever in the San Diego area I highly recommend! Soo good! We had cheese, balsamic marinated cipollini's, Lamb, Cioppino and Tiramisu. We were stuffed but everything was soo good we kept on ordering!

And finally a little pic of me waiting in the hotel room for Jack to get ready for our walk to Benecotto.


After spending some time in areas that you can walk/cab to most of the areas. I really start to wish that we lived somewhere like that. I love LA and what it is but I sure do envy places like San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago etc..where you can walk/take public transportation somewhere easy, fast and cheaply.

Hope your Memorial Day was fab!

Cheers-
Raech

No comments: