Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Mornings

So, I know I don't blog for 10 years and all of the sudden i write 2 in one day. What are things coming to?
After my og post, we made some breakfast and we had elephant eyes, eggs in the basket, whatever the f- you want to call it. It was delish. Of course, I had my coffee and kombucha fix and some farmers market cantaloupe. YUM.



After breakfast, we headed out to the farmers market and picked up our weekly produce. I'm not sure if its cheaper then shopping at a big chain grocery store but as far as shopping at whole foods/wild oats. Its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper. So we spent $47 and the bulk of the money went to flowers $12 and berries (3 boxes) $11 and then the other $24 went to other veggies and fruits

So here is the famers market booty! IN my uber cute riesenthal shopping bag.





So, if you want an idea of how much it bought us

1 peach
1 nectarine
2 lemons
2 pluots
1 yellow raspberrie box
1 red reaspberry box
1 blueberry box
1 bunch of grapes (about 1 pound)
1 bunch of radishes
1 bunch of leek
1 bunch of basil (yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)
1 green onion bunch
3 corn on the cobs
1 head of lettuce
1 bunch of dill
1 bok choy
2 avocados
1 head of broccoli
1 bunch of spinach

4 flower bouquets


And, took a cute picture of the puppers. They were waiting to get a little bit of our left over elephant eyes.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

All the produce looks so delisous and your market bag is styling!

Are you still drinking cambucha regularly? I have had a bottle in my fridge for more than 6 months and haven't even touched it. Eek.