Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A weekend in review....

Our weekend started out with getting this little early V-day present in the mail. I got a sweet little wood brooch with a cuckoo clock screen printed on it, a little recycled notebook and a ball of orangish up cycled yarn all tied up with pretty blue tissue paper, grey string and a wood tag! That says "wood you be mine?"...awwsss!!

We spent most of the weekend bumming around. Finally got to see Avatar. I loved it. I'm a huge fan of fantasy movies. I have to admit that I wasn't a big fan of the end fight scene. A bit too Hollywood for me.

Monday was Martin Luther King Day of observance. Jack had off of work so we decided to head out to The Getty Villa in Malibu. Its insanely beautiful grounds. We were lucky that the rain subsided and we were able to walk out on this beautiful garden area. If you walk all the way to end you can see the ocean from the balcony. Quite breath taking. The best part of the Getty Museums is that its free to get in. The bad part parking is $15.00. So take a group of friends and split the cost of parking.



Before going to the getty we decided to have breakfast at home. We had oatmeal and when I added a slice of banana to it. Later on I went in the kitchen and found that I had un counciously thrown the peel of the banana and this is the shape it landed in.


What a beautiful surprise. After the Getty we had lunch on Abbot Kinney Blvd in Venice at Gjelina.



Love the rustic/industrial/modern feel of this restaurant. We had a yummy smoked trout salad and a margherita thin crust pizza. It was great and reasonably priced for the area. After lunch, we headed towards Santa Monica and bought a treat at Vanilla Bake Shop.



Jack had an insanely delish smores nutty bar and I stayed with my old standards of vanilla chocolate baby cupcakes and a raspberry chocolate baby cupcake.

We scooted down over to the promenade and stopped at Old Navy. I snagged this kelly green top for $1.50.



Yes one dollar and fifty cents. They were having a major clearance event (50% off already reduced prices.) No lies. I've been checking out their online store this morning. Its really good deals even with shipping.

Tonight is cake night and I can't wait to see all my girlfriends!

Cheers-

Raech

No comments: