Sunday, September 30, 2007

Across the Universe

My heart aches because I feel that I haven't had the opportunity to make a difference in the world. I think every person is here for a purpose. Mine has not been used yet. Maybe it was watching the pain of losing a child to a revolution or losing a boyfriend to the war but while watching this movie it made me realize. My generation is full of empty, selfish and shallow people. Who are only concerned with what they have, not who they have touched. When my grandfather died in his wallet was a saying that said. "It doesn't matter the type of car your drive, the house your live in or what your bank account totals but that you mattered in the life of a child." I want to be that person who makes a difference in the world, not the one that owns the most shoes.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds good! Go for it!

Leslie said...

new blog, new blog!