Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday Traditions

I keep on finding myself on Sunday nights drinking wine and eating cheese. Its a pretty fantastic Sunday ritual if you ask me! This weekend we tried a new to us tapa's restaurant, Manchego, which is also one of my favorite cheeses. The place was BYOB with no corkcage fee....Get out town! We stopped at the liquor store next door and brought in a bottle of spanish wine and ordered a cured meat and cheese sampler. It was amazing.

Not my picture but this is similar to what ours looked like - dry ham, prosciutto, salami, pepperoni, 3 different hard Spanish cheeses, gazpacho, membrillo paste and spicy olives. Yum Yum. Afterward, we ordered hot teas and drove down to the beach and watched the sunset. It was breathtaking and a much needed ounce of tranquility in what is going to be two very busy weeks for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh nom nom nom nom